What you can expect from us
- MA Competition consists of three rounds, all accessible to the audience.
- The competition takes place in the Chamber music hall of the Concertgebouw in Bruges.
- Accompanists of MAfestival are at the disposal of the participants. Applicants who want to make an appeal to a festival accompanist must pay a € 70 deposit, together with the registration fee. The accompanist will accompany the participant during the official sound check on stage and an extra rehearsal of 40 minutes (each round) and all the rounds the participant is admitted to.
- MAfestival can arrange a basic single room for participants during the whole period of the competition. Participants who want to use these facilities, pay a €300 deposit with their registration fee (€30 per night, with a standard of 10 nights). If the participant chooses not to prolong their stay in Bruges after any proclamation, MAfestival will reimburse the remaining amount after the competition.
- Besides a cheque, MAfestival offers the winner(s) a concert as part of the next MAfestival edition and a number of concerts in close collaboration with important national and international organizations. One of the candidates also receives the opportunity to record a cd with the renowned Ricercar label.
What we expect from you
- All participants should be available from July 30th until August 8th.
- Participants must have been born after 31 December 1987.
- The participants are invited to compile their own repertoire, consisting of a selection of works as described below. (repertoire)
- Participants must complete the registration according to the registration procedure. The deadline for registration is May 1st 2020. MAfestival reserves the right to extend the closing date.
- Each participant must pay the registration fee of €120 (and other eventual deposits for the festival accompanist (€70) and / or the accommodation (€300)) by:
- bank transfer, before registering, on the bank account of MAfestival: IBAN: BE 62 470 0811151 61; BIC: KREDBEBB (KBC Bank, Zilverstraat 34, BE-8000 Brugge). Please mention the name of the participant in combination with “MA Competition”.
- or online by Paypal (a Paypal account is not necessary) at the end of the registration form.